What if http://PING.Apple.com become your social network in 2011? What if that social network will be built off of:
- Music preferences from Ping/iTunes
- Video game preferences and rankings from your iPod, iPad and Game Center
- Photos from your iPhoto library
- Your social graph…err, “circle of friends”…from your iPhone address book
- Your calendar from your iPhone
In other words, Apple could integrate social networking into every single product line and Facebook will be left wondering how on Earth they lost their two most engaging businesses (photos and games) so quickly.
This is Jason’s best article since I signed up for his mailing list a year ago. He closes the piece with a Recommendations section that is classic Calacanis: Apple should buy Twitter (10:1), Apple should buy Zynga (7:1) and Facebook should buy RIMM (3:1).
I found this article stolen and shamelessly posted online on this Posterous blog. Theft of copyright aside, this is a great place to check out Jason’s writing. If you like the article, be sure to sign up for the weekly newsletter at JasonNation.com! I look forward to the newsletter each week.
Link to evil Posterous blog removed at Jason’s request.